Here are my favorite songs from 2012. This year I kept a running Rdio playlist of music I liked, so it was easy to pull this together. The tracks aren't in any particular order (well, alphabetical order), but if I had to rank my top 5 it would go:
- Younger Us - Japandroids (with my favorite lyric of the year: "Remember that night you were already in bed, said "fuck it" got up to drink with me instead")
- Angels - The xx
- Thinkin Bout You - Frank Ocean
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift (yes, seriously)
- We Are Young - fun. (I love the juxtaposition of this song against the Japandroids song)
There were a lot of great albums this year, but for me, two perched above the rest and stayed on repeat for much of the year:
- Japandroids - Celebration Rock - Is there a more awesome or appropriate album title? Kicks ass from start to finish.
- The xx - Coexist - This album is like coming up for air after Celebration Rock. Begins and ends with two beautiful love songs.